Discuss



Comments

Gorilla Bananas said…
Are they they mixed race brothers? It's possible.
trrish said…
gorilla, honey, I'm sorry you missed my point :-)
Linda said…
what a time warp. I wouldn't have been able to put names on them without the clue. Why is it people always look weird 20+ years later but we think it's normal at the time. What is normal anyway?
trrish said…
Linda, I can't answer that :-)

I was having a bowl of gluten-free "Hole 'N Oats" the other day, i just wondered....is this cereal named after Hall & Oates or what?
trrish said…
It also prompted my son, who tried them, to say "Gluten is for suckers!"
Eric said…
Hope the cereal is better then the band...
Somewhat related thought: I recently watched the Old Grey Whistle Test, Vol 2 and I was surprised how much I liked John Oates voice on She's Gone. FWIW, I'd bet a quarter that Hole'N Oats is a tribute.
trrish said…
Eric, I hear you. Though you'd be surprised how great some of the early Daryl Hall stuff is. (See the album he did with Robert Fripp. "You Burn Me Up Like A Cigarette" is pretty good).
Chris said…
http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html
trrish said…
how about that. Last time I saw Daryl was on a Flight of the Conchords episode.
Anonymous said…
Hilarious. No *way* that wasn't done tongue-in-cheek by some child-of-the-80s who works for Barbara's.

p.s. All I can think every time I see John Oates is, "Baba Booey, is that you??"

Popular Posts