I Ron Man


My son says "Ironman" like this: "I Ron Man". He's getting ready to turn 11, and his verbal eccentricities continue to amuse me. His speech impairment is still causing him problems. Or really, me and others around him are having the problems. The kid was in speech therapy from 2.5 years old through 3rd grade. In 4th grade, they said he didn't qualify anymore. Very funny. How would those guys like to go through life sounding like they just had woot canaw??

I suggested to him that perhaps we do some more speech therapy and he is adamantly opposed. I think how he is doing with his peers this year will be the determining factor. We are all having major back to school anxiety. Ugh. We're so much happier without it. Can't you learn everything you need to know from TV?

Tonight he got out of the shower and I said "feeling better?" He said "Yeah, I'm not as stiffly." Then, "I feel brand new".

He has had his little Adrianisms since he was 4 months old. At 4 months, he would look at me, smile and make a noise that we came to call the "pirate voice". It was kind of a gutteral "grrrrrrr". At the time, I swore he was just trying to make me laugh. Now that I know him better, I *know* he was trying to make me laugh. He usually succeeded.

He used to say "morningtime" and "darktime", to refer to morning or night. He will occasionally still say those. Another one that has stuck is "from accident". "Mom, remember when you did that one thing from accident?" "That one thing" is another one.

Anyhow, I can tell from the fact that it is way into darktime that I need to sleep. It would be cool to wake up feeling less stiffly and brand new!


Comments

Popular Posts