UltraCool


Today is my second proper day on the "UltraSimple" detox diet.  I decided to also listen to his (Mark Hyman)  book "UltraMetabolism" on my Ipod while I'm doing other things.  I have to say, he is right on the money, and sums up just about everything I've learned in 15 years of amateur nutritionist-ism.  Plus, he reads his own audiobook and I like him.  

I feel pretty strongly that anyone who has a chronic disease or has issues with weight, or with health in general could benefit from UltraMetabolism.  I swear, I don't work for him.  Everything is gelling (jelling?) in my head and starting to filter it's way down through my body.  I am very excited about his program.  And I don't get excited about vegetables all that easily anymore.

The main difference between what he recommends and what I have been doing is the vegetables, the sugar and the refined carbs.  I always figured anything that wasn't true refined sugar was ok as a sweetener.  Apparently, not so much.  I've seriously cut back my sugar (my lovely agave nectar) consumption.  I thought I would not survive not having it in my tea, but I have.  In additional, I've cut out all the crappy little gluten-free, dairy-free packaged "treats" that I'd started to pick up at the Vitamin Cottage.  If I want to, I can have that crap once in a while, but not as a regular thing.  Given how much better I feel already, I'm ok with that.  I'm eating a ton more vegetables than I have been.  I really do like them, I just lazy and don't always like all the chopping.  I have been using a lot of frozen ones to make it work for me, and it does.  I have developed a taste for very fresh greens - arugula, radicchio, endive.  So I am looking forward to finding great versions of those.

Also, I've slept through the night twice in a row.  Ok, let's not jump to conclusions.  But, how great would it be if that would continue.  

Comments

Popular Posts