Why Am I So Lazy?

It's Saturday. Firestarter* has left to go 'shopping' with her friends. Adrian is playing around with Firestarter's old phone. She spent her Christmas $$ on a new phone. I want to complain but can't - I love my gadgets, too.

So, I'm still lazing around in bed. I need to do laundry, clean the kitchen, the living room, my bedroom. Clean out the fridge. I am so much happier just lying around. Or so it seems. I know that if I got up and did all the stuff I'm supposed to do, I'd feel good about being productive. I still don't want to do it.

So, what I will do is go get a diet pepsi, come back, do as much of the work that I can, and then reward myself with disc 1 of "Big Love, Season 2". I respond well to carrots. Also, I have a bunch of musical stuff to do before tomorrow and I am "in charge" of the band tomorrow morning. Ack.

Events in Pakistan feel so depressing. I like people who stand up for what they believe in, especially when I mostly agree with what they believe in. I try to do it in my own way at work, but it seems so trivial.

*Dagny's friend Stephanie told her that clothes are really cool when they burn. "They burn so fast!" They were alone in the house yesterday, "bored", and threw a few of Dagny's shirts into a box in the snow out back and burned them. I am still pondering what this is really about. I said I appreciated them telling me about it, and that I think it is a normal fascination that humans have with fire. I told them they need to take a look at their lives and come up with a way they can have more meaning. Burning clothes because you think you are bored is kind of like a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and suggests perhaps they are spoiled brats. On the other hand, Stephanie is going through a hard time as her dad was diagnosed with colon cancer yesterday. So I'm walking the fine line between nurturing and "are you people crazy????"

Comments

Paul O'Brian said…
This from the girl who wanted to donate her kidney to a stranger. Maybe now she could have it extracted just to throw it in the oven. "Human organs are so cool when they're heated! They smell just like roast chicken!"

Popular Posts