Saturday, December 29, 2007

Why Am I So Lazy?

It's Saturday. Firestarter* has left to go 'shopping' with her friends. Adrian is playing around with Firestarter's old phone. She spent her Christmas $$ on a new phone. I want to complain but can't - I love my gadgets, too.

So, I'm still lazing around in bed. I need to do laundry, clean the kitchen, the living room, my bedroom. Clean out the fridge. I am so much happier just lying around. Or so it seems. I know that if I got up and did all the stuff I'm supposed to do, I'd feel good about being productive. I still don't want to do it.

So, what I will do is go get a diet pepsi, come back, do as much of the work that I can, and then reward myself with disc 1 of "Big Love, Season 2". I respond well to carrots. Also, I have a bunch of musical stuff to do before tomorrow and I am "in charge" of the band tomorrow morning. Ack.

Events in Pakistan feel so depressing. I like people who stand up for what they believe in, especially when I mostly agree with what they believe in. I try to do it in my own way at work, but it seems so trivial.

*Dagny's friend Stephanie told her that clothes are really cool when they burn. "They burn so fast!" They were alone in the house yesterday, "bored", and threw a few of Dagny's shirts into a box in the snow out back and burned them. I am still pondering what this is really about. I said I appreciated them telling me about it, and that I think it is a normal fascination that humans have with fire. I told them they need to take a look at their lives and come up with a way they can have more meaning. Burning clothes because you think you are bored is kind of like a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and suggests perhaps they are spoiled brats. On the other hand, Stephanie is going through a hard time as her dad was diagnosed with colon cancer yesterday. So I'm walking the fine line between nurturing and "are you people crazy????"

1 comment:

Paul O'Brian said...

This from the girl who wanted to donate her kidney to a stranger. Maybe now she could have it extracted just to throw it in the oven. "Human organs are so cool when they're heated! They smell just like roast chicken!"