Friday, September 21, 2007

Tysabri - Feels Like The First Time

I had my 2nd Tysabri infusion two days ago. Just like the first time, I got back from the hospital and was absolutely exhausted. It may be the Benadryl that causes that. They give Benadryl 30 minutes before the infusion. I did not have an allergic reaction - the 2nd infusion is, I guess, the time when that is most likely to happen. Hooray - I was really happy about that. I got home about 6:00 pm, went to lie down at 6:30 and got up the next morning at 6:00 am. What an amazing thing. If Tysabri gets me one night a month of that much sleep, damn, I will take it. And, just like the first time, I was hyper the next day - almost too much energy. Today, I was tired again but it was also a weird week so I'm not blaming that on Tysabri. (Although, this story I ran across on CC's blog was disturbing.)

Ozzie electrocuted himself Sunday night. He spent that night and the next day in the hospital. It was traumatic. He deeply cut his finger as well. Let's just call it a disagreement with the garage door opener. We're the suburbanites from hell. He's been exhausted all week. I have so far not found that much information about non-fatal major electric shocks. I suspect the tiredness will last for a while. Also, I did read a bit about whether you can or should use the word "electrocute" for referring to a non-fatal situation. It's disputed. Survey says: YES.

Today at work, a co-worker had what I can only call a nervous breakdown. It was distressing. My manager took her to the ER and spent the entire day with her. through this evening. He's a good man. She does not have anyone close by to help her. I find that extremely distressing. I guess I don't want that to be me, and I also don't want it to be her. I am not very close to her - she's hard to get close to. But I wish I could be of more help to her.

This week was also "Fun and Fitness Day" at one of Adrian's schools. In which, for the fourth year in a row, trrish participates in the freakin' POTATO SACK race and makes a fool of herself, only to kick all the 9-year-olds asses during the "Egg on a spoon" race. I am the most embarrassing potato sack racer you have EVER seen. Breasts flying all over the place, tripping, out of breath after the fourth tiny little jump. The kids think it is hysterical. Which is why I have no shame at all about beating the pants off of them in the egg race. I AM THE EGG WOMAN! Goo Goo g' Joob!!! (Which always reminds me of..."Piggy In the Middle", do a poo-poo!! by my beloved Neil Innes, aka The Rutles. Still one of the funniest things to me, ever.)

Today was the first day I really got caught up on some of my favorite blogs in about a month.

I continue to be inspired by Derek Miller. The video of his "bed-in" at Gnomedex is up at . One thing he talks about that I agree so strongly with is how the internet can be used for community. I have found that to be true and enjoy hearing him talk about it. I love Derek's spirit and sense of humor. I'm working on a dumb-downed podcast for him. :-) Now there's something I can do.

At the end of a somewhat dramatic and traumatic week, that I have done a preciously lousy job of describing, I am tired, weepy and scared. For some reason, mostly scared. One thing that did make me laugh tonight was this, from my friend, Jay:

1 comment:

Derek said...

Thanks for the link. I've perked up again since that bed-in video, so I don't need the dumb podcasts so much. :) We'll see how it goes once I start another round of chemo in October, however.