Babs ' Swollen Uvula Who?

I don't know, Babs, but I do know this. One thing they don't tell you when you get your tonsils out is that you'll have a swollen uvula.

We're on day 6 of my daughter's "T&A" - tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy?. It's been rough for her. It's a pretty nasty recovery for teenagers and adults. And yes, her uvula is all swollen, which makes her feel like she's got a pair of socks in the back of her throat. Plus, she rolls her eyes at me everytime I bring her the antibiotic she has to take three times a day. It's hard being the nurse when your patient is acting like she thinks you are an idiot.

Her surgeon said it would take two weeks for her to feel at all like herself again. I think she was assuming her getting back to herself will be a good thing. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts