good news for dyslexia

http://lizditz.typepad.com/i_speak_of_dreams/2007/01/good_news_for_d.html

The woman who runs the blog above, "I Speak of Dreams" has a passion for helping kids with learning disabilities, so I like that part of her blog. I am astounded at how my own school district does not even seem to acknowledge the "d" word.

I'm looking at private schools for Adrian. It would make me very happy to get away from the public schools. But there's a little voice in me that wonders if I could help make a difference in the schools myself, by introducing the kind of tutoring they need to do for these kids.

As soon as I get Adrian's "official" paperwork back from the dyslexia testing, I'm thinking of going to meet with the special ed teachers at the school to see if they would be interested. Why not. It might help some other kids who have the same issues.

Comments

Popular Posts