Concussion?

On Sunday, I remembered that I had rather brutally banged the top of my head on the corner of a bookshelf in my room. It was awful. It didn't bleed - it just hurt like hell I was dazed and confused for a few hours afterward. I didn't put it together that maybe the headache I have had for the last two weeks was a result of it. I noticed that it was still a bit sore. Then at church on Sunday, I got so dizzy I couldn't stand up, so I sat out three songs. I was able to play the last two.

I called up Scotti, the queen of concussions, who gave me some good feedback. I'm treating myself gently for a few days and hoping that I can get the headaches to stop. I am normally not a headache person, so this is unusual for me.

My son had some hot chocolate today around 3:45. I'm wondering if the chocolate is going to keep him up half the night. What was I thinking? I don't know. I guess I wasn't thinking.

I am happy because I found someone to help me diagnose Adrian. I believe he is dyslexic. I've kind of let the school system dissuade and distract me from doing it. But I think I've found the right person and she has a lot of experience in dealing with the public schools in Colorado. They are very odd about dyslexia. I don't understand it. Her name is Susan Yost, and she has a website here. I've made an appoinment with her.

Assuming I can continue to get the services Adrian needs at his current school, I need to decide if it is the right school for him. Should I go with an alternative school? It's pretty damn expensive. On good days, I think he is ok where he is. On bad days, I want to yank him out of there like a potato exploding in a microwave oven. (See, I'm not the kind of person that can make up folksy analogies like that. But I tried). I don't want his precious spirit to get squashed by the stupid school system. Yes, I said it. Stupid school system. I am a 12 year old girl.

He doesn't exactly fit the mold that they want him to. I'd like a school that has a more flexible mold. I am working with them on this. His new special ed teacher seems more open than his last one.

Comments

Popular Posts