First day of school

Today, Dagny started 6th grade, Adrian started 1st grade, and I'm going to start drinking again.

I can't believe the amount of anxiety I have about the start of the school year. I will be happy to get through the beginning of next week and then I can calm down. Maybe.

Part of my deal is my belief that my son (6) is dyslexic. I've read a lot about dyslexia. There's a list of signs and symptoms that seems to describe him perfectly. His special ed teacher says that it may not really be dyslexia, but just be part of his overall delayed verbal development. He didn't start speaking until he was over 2 years old. We wondered if he'd ever talk! He finally did, but he is still hard to understand a lot of the time, especially for people who don't know him.

So this year I'm gonna be in their face at school regarding his progress. I just want to make sure he doesn't get his spirit squashed by the school system.

More about 6th grade later....!

Trish

Comments

Popular Posts